Bautista was a last-minute scratch for Saturday's game in Oakland. He took batting practice prior to that game and felt soreness in the area that caused him to sit out.
The 30-year-old slugger underwent treatment on Saturday night and again the following morning before getting cleared by the Blue Jays' medical staff.
"He came in this morning, and any tightness he was suffering from yesterday [was] released during the game with the amount of treatment and the exercises he was able to do," Blue Jays manager John Farrell told reporters on Sunday morning. "Today he woke up feeling loose and went through some treatment -- just precautionary -- and he's ready to go."
This is the second time this season that Bautista has been forced to deal with neck issues. Bautista left a game on May 1 in New York with neck spasms and went on to miss five games with the injury.
That past experience helped convince the club to be extra cautious this time around to ensure that the severity of the injury didn't increase.
"He passed all the tests," Farrell said. "We're not going to take a chance or risk anything based on the history he had earlier in the year, the five days he missed then. But he's confident that it remained loose and will be so during the game."
Entering Sunday, Bautista was hitting .316 with 35 home runs and 79 RBIs in 113 games this season. Earlier this week, he became the first player since Barry Bonds in 2007 to surpass 100 walks in fewer than 115 games.