The TORONTO BLUE JAYS today unveiled its 2018 season schedule, leading off with a four-game series versus division rival New York Yankees on Thursday, March 29 at 3:37 p.m. ET, as part of a seven-game homestand to start the season.
The Blue Jays 42nd season will see the team play five National League teams as part of Interleague play, beginning with a two-game set at Citi Field in New York, May 15 & 16, versus the Mets. Additionally, for the eighth straight year, the Blue Jays will celebrate Canada Day weekend at Rogers Centre when they host the Detroit Tigers (June 29 to July 2). Other highlights of the 2018 schedule include:
- 76 games vs. division rivals, including 13 straight and 19 total in September
- 20 Interleague games (10 home, 10 away):
- At home - (WAS - June 15 to 17), (ATL - June 19 & 20), (NYM - July 3 & 4), (PHI - August 24 to 26)
- On road - (NYM - May 15 & 16), (PHI - May 25 to 27), (ATL - July 10 & 11), (MIA - August 31 to September 2)
- Celebrating Mom and Dad - Blue Jays will once again celebrate both Mother's Day (May 13 vs. BOS) and Father's Day (June 17 vs. WAS) at Rogers Centre
- August 2 to 5 - Blue Jays head west for the always popular series in Seattle
- September 20 to 26 - Blue Jays wrap up the home portion of their schedule with a seven-game homestand vs. Tampa (4-gms) and Houston (3-gms)
- September 28 to 30 - Blue Jays close out the season on the road in Tampa Bay
Additionally, based on fan feedback, next season will showcase some exciting changes to both the weekend programming and weekday promotions schedule, as well as new start times on select Saturday home games, aimed to enhance the overall fan experience. The changes include:
Jr. Jays Sundays
Jr. Jays Saturdays are now Jr. Jays Sundays! Families can expect the same kid-friendly activities and number of Jr. Jays days (13) as 2017. Plus, for the first time ever, the club's littlest fans can now enjoy a whole weekend of fun at Rogers Centre with three Jr. Jays Weekends. All Jr. Jays games will remain a 1:07 p.m. start time.
Giveaways and Promotions
Weeknights just got better with more giveaways from Monday to Friday than ever before. Fans can pick up all new collectibles in 2018 with 12 weekday giveaway days throughout the season, and with plenty of weekend giveaways still scheduled. Complete promotional details will be announced in December.
Saturday Game Times
Fans can now make coming to the game part of their Saturday night out routine, with nine games beginning at 4:07 p.m. next season. Four Saturdays will remain a 1:07 p.m. start time, with three of those a part of the new Jr. Jays Weekends and one celebrating Canada Day weekend.
New 2018 Season Ticket Memberships go on sale on Monday, Sept. 18, with 20 & 12 Game Pack renewals beginning Monday, Sept. 25, and general public on sale beginning Monday, Oct. 16.
The complete 2018 Blue Jays schedule is available at bluejays.com/schedule.
*Please note all dates and times are subject to change.