TORONTO -- The Blue Jays added outfielder Anthony Gose and right-hander Chad Beck to their active roster prior to Tuesday night's game against Baltimore.
Both players were en route from Triple-A Las Vegas earlier in the day and arrived at Rogers Centre just prior to first pitch. Gose pinch-hit during the eighth inning, while Beck surrendered two runs in the 12-0 loss.
Gose and Beck represent the final additions to the Blue Jays' September callups and join left-hander Brett Cecil, who was promoted on Monday.
"Similar to the way he was used prior to being sent out," manager John Farrell said, when asked how Gose would be used. "He played right field pretty much against right-handed pitching, center field when Colby [Rasmus] was down. It would be a similar situation."
The Blue Jays are still expected to activate at least a couple of players from the disabled list within the next couple of weeks. Catcher J.P. Arencibia appears set to join the club on Friday in Boston after missing the past six weeks with a fractured right hand, while first baseman David Cooper is also nearing a return from a sore back.
Third baseman Brett Lawrie is taking part in batting practice and baseball-related activities in Florida, but there is still no immediate timetable for his return to the lineup. Despite the uncertainty, the Blue Jays remain optimistic he'll be activated before the end of the year.
The one surprise in Tuesday's news was that utilityman Yan Gomes will not be among those called up to the big leagues. Gomes appeared in 33 games for the Blue Jays this season, hitting .165 with three homers and 10 RBIs.
Gomes is primarily a catcher, but also has the ability to play first, third and left field. His return -- or lack thereof -- is directly related to the improving health of Arencibia.
"Yeah, that's had a direct impact on the third catcher," Farrell said.